MamaBlogger365 – Abundance by Diane Lang
As I sit outside in my backyard on this lazy summer day, I become mindful of everything around me. I realize all that I have is with me right here and now. I realize that on days when the glass seems half empty, I should realize how full it is by pouring in some gratitude and appreciation for all I have. So, I sat still for about fifteen minutes and soaked in all that life has to offer and surprisingly it was all free of charge. This list is just a reminder of all the abundance we have in our lives at any moment. This is a reminder to live in the here and now. We are happiest when we live in the moment.
1. The clear sky with it’s bright blue coloring
2. The sun shining
3. The warmth that I felt on my skin on this sunny, beautiful day
4. The breeze that cooled me off
5. The green grass that feels cool on my feet
6. The beautiful surroundings that make me smile every time I look around me
7. A sense of higher power – looking around at all this beauty there has to be something bigger then us
8. My adorable 12-year-old golden retriever who doesn’t seem to realize he is aging while he nudges me with his ball. This scenario always causes me to smile.
9. The local libraries that offer me free books, movies and magazines which I took advantage of on this beautiful, lazy day
10. The ability to read my books and use my creativity and imagination to a get a full view of the characters and the story I’m reading. There is nothing like visualizing!
11. The freedom to choose what I want to do with my time and my life. I’m lucky to have the freedom to take the day off and enjoy it the way I please.
12. The ability to change my perspective at any time. I have the ability to see the glass half full or empty – I choose full!
13. The ability to laugh and smile which is contagious, so pass it on. Smiling and laughing gives us an instant boost of happiness and reduces our stress.
Send me your abundance list at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The best part is writing the list. As you write the list, you will be in a moment of gratitude and appreciation, and you will feel a boost of happiness.
Bio: Diane Lang is an educator and Life Coach. Diane has dedicated her career to helping people turn their lives around and is now on a mission to help them develop a sustainable positive attitude that can actually turn one into an optimist, literally. A therapist and educator of Positive Psychology, she has seen that it can provide a strong foundation for finding great happiness and is gratified that it is becoming a mainstream method of treatment. As an expert in her fields of therapy, Diane has been featured in the Daily Record and Cookie Magazine, seen on NJ 12 TV and the national television program “Fox & Friends”. She has also participated in a reality based Internet show, ourprisoner.com, hosted Generation X-tinet and appeared in various educational videos. In addition Lang writes a bi-weekly column “The Balancing Act” at www.thealternativepress.com and sharing her expertise on parenting and living a positive lifestyle on The WTBQ Expat Show.
Want to attend one of Diane’s workshops this summer?
MT Olive Community school – Summer Day Program
Letting Go of Anger – July 25 – 1-3 p.m. @ Middle School- Tips on preventing anger, dealing with anger and letting go including forgiveness.
Ease Your Stress — July 27 – 10-12 p.m. – Middle School- Types of stress, including positive stress, and ways to deal with it.
Living Your Best Life (Making a Smooth Transition into your Second Half) – August 1 – 1-3 p.m. – Middle School- Your next chapter in life – for anyone 35 -50 going thru their best chapter of life – Join us!
To register, call or e-mail Eileen Robinson, Community School at Mt. Olive (973-691-4006, ext. 7110 or email@example.com).
July 19 – 6 p.m. – Letting go of anger: types on preventing anger, dealing with anger and letting go including Forgiveness. At Warren Community college, Warren Co., NJ; call 908-689-7613 to register.
July 21 – 7 p.m. – FREE WORKSHOP! Happiness: living an optimistic lifestyle – learn to live your best life! Empower Fitness, 2495 Route 1, Lawrenceville, NJ
July 28 – 7 p.m. – FREE WEBINAR! Letting go of anger – From the comfort of your own home, join us through the internet and/or phone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality – visit our Members page to learn more.
Photo credit: Writing by Elisa Xyz