MamaBlogger365 – Meet Our M.O.M.!
The Museum of Motherhood’s fall pop-up museum is now open in NYC! Have you heard about all the great things we’re doing?
In addition to our powerful exhibits and weekly schedule of events that include yoga demos and classes, Mommy & Me groups and social media Friday, we’re hosting theatre performances, lectures and book signings, day-conferences and more! Visit MOMmuseum.org for more information or call 212.452.9816 to register! Here are just a few of the exciting events and programs we have coming up:
Thursday, October 13 – Saturday, October 15
“Sex in Mommyville”, a play by Anna Fishbeyn that’s described as “a lusty, unbridled Russian Jewish updating of Henrik Ibsen’s ‘A Doll’s House…” by Jewish Week
Tuesday, October 18
Readings by Christen Clifford, solo performer of “BabyLove”
Wednesday, October 19
Laura Tropp presents a lifestyle and education lecture
Thursday, October 20
Stacey Battat and the Museum of Motherhood will host the official book launch and signing for Thin Threads of Moms and Grandmas, compiled by Stacey Battat and Joy Rose, founder of M.O.M., 11 a.m. at the Museum.
That afternoon, we’ll be joined by Dr. Joyce Saltman, Laughter Guru, and Stacey Battat to connect our stories and celebrate motherhood, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 22
“She’s History”, a performance by Amy Simon
Tuesday, October 25
Meet and Greet networking event with the local Chamber of Commerce
Friday, October 28
Aqua Cherry‘s special Halloween concert at the Museum of Motherhood
Monday, November 7
Mindful Mothering: Practical Tools for Staying Awake and Aware During the Biggest Adventure of All — a day-long conference at the Museum with guests:
- Cassandra Vieten, PhD, psychologist, Director of Research, Institute of Noetic Sciences and author of Mindful Motherhood: Practical Tools for Staying Sane During Pregnancy and Your Child’s First Year
- Lu Hanessian, journalist, former NBC anchor and Discovery Health Channel host, founder of Parent2ParentU and WYSH, and author of Let the Baby Drive: Navigating the Road of New Motherhood
- Jeanne Ohm, DC, publisher and editor of Pathways to Family Wellness, and executive director of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Lisa Reagan, Co-founder, Families for Conscious Living and Executive Director, Kindred Community
- Elizabeth Mangum‐Sarach, LCSW, Doula, and Director of BirthFocus, LLC
- Jessica Zucker, PhD, psychologist & parenting expert, author, and contributor to PBS’s This Emotional Life
- Joy Rose, Executive Director, Motherhood Foundation, founder, Museum of Motherhood
Join us for a day of lectures, discussion, small group talks and experiential mindfulness practices that you can take home and use every day to focus on being aware in the present moment, in our bodies and connected with our children, even when the going gets tough.
Like what you see? Spread the word! Tell your friends! Meet us at the Museum of Motherhood and we’ll make “herstory”!
Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality – visit our Members page to learn more.