MamaBlogger365 – Visit and Connect: this week at M.O.M.
We have a great line-up of programs scheduled this week at the Museum of Motherhood (our Meet the Experts series, a Russian Music in My Language program, a Laptop Luncheon program with Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche, and a performance of Amy Simon’s She’s History! show). Plus, our new cooperative work space is available (sign up now to reserve your spot)!
- Shira Adler, Diva Mama, reminds us that to have good girlfriends, we need to be good girlfriends;
- Michelle Friedman, CPCC, for her monthly column, “A Career That Works”; this month, what are you tolerating?;
- *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser, on the delusion of uniqueness;
- Kim Jennings, on trusting herself, and why we should trust ourselves, too;
- Joy Rose, Media Mom™, on the power of a woman; and
- Veronica Hosking, who survived spring break.
Have something to share? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Our Meet the Experts series continues in March, featuring speakers, activities, mom and baby groups, and support groups. We’re located at 401 E. 84th St. in New York (Tues-Sun 10:45-6:30, call 212.452.9816 l 877.711.MOMS for info). Click here for our full month’s calendar of events.
Meet this week’s Experts:
Monday: Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche, is an author, speaker and passionate teacher of engaging, financial empowerment. Her company, CLD Financial Life, specializes in the delivery of financial literacy education. ($20, bring your laptop and brown-bag lunch)
Tuesday: Join Elenor Daneshvar and our new mothers group: Is This Normal? How Mindful Parenting Brings Us Out Of Fear and Into The Present.
Wednesday: BirthFocus, LLC answers your childbirth, early infant and lactation questions from 1 pm-5 pm. Come enjoy sample Prenatal & Mama Rub Down Massage – Tiffany R. Adams, licensed massage therapist, will be at M.O.M. from 4-6 pm (10 min for $15, 20 min for $20).At 6pm, BirthFocus, LLC also hosts a women’s birth empowerment circle.
Thursday: Come talk to Renee Sullivan of BabyBites, parent coach and fellow mom. Bring your new mom questions – from work/life balance and sleep schedules to developmental milestones and juggling new motherhood. Renee leads weekly moms groups throughout New York City and is available to answer your questions. Plus, Renee hosts private moms groups at M.O.M.: 12pm – 1pm (moms w/ babies 0-6 months) and 1pm – 2pm (moms w/babies 6-12 months).
Friday: Sara Lise Raff, Arts Education Consultant answers questions 10:45-noon. Sara was born and raised in NYC with vast exposure to the arts and culture New York has to offer. Serving as an advisor, mentor and guide, she utilizes her early education experience to navigate the NYC school system, and offer guidance in many areas. She also hosts and creates Mom Salons.
FEES – All programs include regular day-pass fee of $15 per adult, kids free, students $13, unless otherwise noted.
Disclaimer – Our ‘Meet The Expert’ series demonstrates our intention to be a community gathering place and offer great information to spark conversations. Volunteers, artists, experts and just plain folk are invited to sign up to participate at M.O.M. This is not intended to replace medical advice or to offer anything more than an opportunity to connect and inspire.
For more information about each of these programs, visit our Meet the Experts page!
NEW! Cooperative work space available Monday 1-4 pm and Wednesday 6-9 pm, with the opportunity for additional hours:
• Share cooperative workspace in a female-friendly environment that nurtures your business and empowers your personal vision.
• Access to group bulletin board (online and onsite)
• Shared table space with WiFi access / or private desk rental
• Opportunity to network and blog cooperatively through our sister sites: Museum Of Motherhood, Mamapalooza, Mamazina Magazine and even Working Mother Blog.
• Opportunity to interview about your project, passion or business on MediaMom.com, featured on MingleMediaTV.com; between 300-3,000 viewers per show.
• Networking and discounted vendor & exhibitor opportunities
$10 per hour for co-op workspace / $40 Monthly storage (optional)
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED and space is limited; apply by e-mailing MOMmuseum@gmail.com.
Join us Saturday mornings for Music in My Language program, intended for Russian speaking children (ages 0-3) and their parents, Saturdays @10 am. First class free.
The Museum Of Motherhood is the first and only facility of its kind, celebrating the “her”story of mothers around the world. We need your help — please make your tax-deductible contribution today! Visit the Museum of Motherhood NOW OPEN in NYC – Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30.